Virbac Tick Collar Preventic for Dogs
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Controls ticks including Ixodes holocyclus (paralysis tick) and Ixodes cornatus(indigenous tick), Haemathysalis Iongicornis (bush tick), Boophilus microplus (cattle tick) Rhipicephalus sanguineus (brown dog tick) in dogs for up to 2 months.
WHAT IS PREVENTIC®?
- Fastest-acting paralysis tick control collar for dogs
- Australia’s no. 1 tick collar
- Kills and prevents attachment of ticks
- Easy to use: simply fit the collar to your dog
WHY CHOOSE PREVENTIC®?
- Kills and detaches paralysis ticks
- Fastest-acting paralysis tick control collar
- Ease of use
- 1 collar weighing 27.5g and minimum 65cm in length
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS
Fit the collar to the dog so that 2 or 3 fingers can be easily inserted between the collar and the dog’s neck. The collar may irritate the dog’s skin if attached too tightly.
- Cut off and dispose of any excess length of collar.
- It will take up to 48 hours before the dog is protected (it takes 24 hours for the amitraz to migrate over the dog’s body).
- Once applied, do not remove Preventic (except while bathing or swimming as water will reduce the efficacy of the collar) since the continual dosage of Amitraz will be interrupted.
- Daily tick searches in paralysis tick areas are highly recommended for dogs.
- Preventic is recommended for dogs from 16 weeks of age.
- Amitraz is toxic if accidentally ingested. Immediate veterinary attention is required.
- Reapply a new Preventic collar every 8 weeks.
INDICATIONS FOR PUPPIES
Virbac doesn’t recommend the use of tick collars, until the puppy has finished teething. Teething puppies will chew on lots of different things in an attempt to relieve their discomfort, including their ordinary collar.
Waiting for the puppy to mature from the teething stage of their development, before using any medicated collar will greatly reduce the chance of chewing the collar and consequent oral exposure to pesticides.
Do not use on sick or convalescing animals.
Do not allow dogs to chew the collar.
It is recommended to seek veterinary attention if the collar is chewed.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Preventic is safe for use on dogs however as with any medication side effects may rarely occur, including the following:
Other possible reactions also include:
- Slowed heart rate
- Reduced body temperature
Most reactions occur due to oral exposure to amitraz, from chewing the Preventic collar.
Reactions generally occur within the first 24 hours of applying a collar.
Seek veterinary advice if any of the above side effects occur, or if you have any cause for concern.